Saturday, 24th July 2010
Iban/Natives of Sarawak must not get Cheated by Taib and His Barisan Nasional Regime For another 50 Years Just because of the New NCR Land Initiative. They Should Instead Vote For PKR Which Has Better NCR Land Initiative If Given the Mandate to Rule Sarawak.....Sarawak For Pakatan Rakyat!
Promise Of The Moon is Not a New Tactic Employed By BN to Fish For Vote in Sarawak. I wrote about it HERE
Taib Mahmud, the longest serving "Dictator" Minister in the word announced yesterday that the Federal and the State government is going to embark on the new NCR land initiative by the end of this year.
According to Taib, the initiative will be carried out in two steps. The first step is the Perimeter survey, where the Land Survey will identify the genuine NCR lands before deploying its personnel to the ground to conduct the perimeter survey, and subsequently the NCR lands will be gazetted under Section 6 of the Sarawal Land Code (SLC). The second step involve the individual land title. The land owners and community leaders will identify the owner of the land individually before the survey is done. Eventually the owner of the NCR land will be issued with the land title pursuant to section 18 of Sarawak Land Code .Taib added that the initiative will be carried out by the end of this year with RM 20 Million allocation from the Federal Government.
NCR land issues has been known as the opposition main weapon against Taib government. After looking at the date of the implementation of the NCR Land initiative, I doubt the BN sincerity in implementing the initiative. As we all awared that Taib and his cronies have been actively robbing the Iban/dayak of their NCR lands. The initiative could be another Taib's/BN's Promise of the Moon tactic means to fish for the Iban's Vote in preparation for the State election. Considering the size of sarawak, the initiative can take between 10-20 years to complete. We have been cheated by BN for the past 50 years therefore I am urging all the Dayaks/Ibans not to be cheated by BN for another term.
PR Offers Better Land Code Affecting Their NCR Lands If Given Mandate To Rule Sarawak
Iban has better choice in Pakatan Rakyat especially Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR). PKR in its Convention held on 28 July 2009 at Crown Tower Kuching, adopted the resolution on Land as follows :-
(1) To ensure that alienation of land shall be fair and just and that landless and needy Sarawakian families shall be entitled to apply for and be granted alienation of lands.
(2) To make it a fundamental policy that in Sarawak land belongs to the people and government only holds and administers land in trust for the people as opposed to the policy that all lands are state land.
(3) To make residential land to be issued with grants in perpetuity. All lands currently held with 60 or 90 years lease periods are to be automatically converted to land with such lease with no further payment or premium except for nominal administrative charges.
(4) To review, amend or repeal any legislation or provisions in any land statutes that are unjust, oppressive and burdensome to landowners.
(5) To introduce amendments to the Sarawak Land Code with a view to upgrade NCR land owners from mere licenses to proprietors of land issued with documents of titles and therefore for such right to lawfully acquired through purchase, inheritance, as gifts and by other lawful means.
(6) To establish a Native Land Commissioned to identify, determine and settle all NCR lands issues with powers to investigate, review and give back NCR land ownership by issuing titles to lands which have been ascertained to have been illegally alienated and acquired.
(7) To introduce smart partnership policy to ensure all land-based development be participated by and are for the maximum benefit of both the landowners and financiers or the developers.
(8) To ensure that companies alienated land for oil palm plantations truly develop the said land instead of selling them for quick profit.
(9) To recognise the cultural and customary practices of the natives relating to land use in particular "Pulau Galau" and "Pemakai Menoa" and to accord the lands involved in such practices due status.
(10) To ensure that NCR land Policy conforms to the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indegenous people. This means to respect the inherent rights of the indegenous peoples especially their rights to their lands, territories and resources and their rights not to be subjected to any action which dispossess them of the same and from any form of forced population transfer which violates or undermines any of their rights (Article 8 and Article 26).
(11) To introduce a Land Acquisition Ordinance to provide that land shall be acquired for a truly public purposes and be properly and fairly compensated by the government and that no person should be deprived of his land without fair compensation. That land acquisition process ought to be carried out in a fair, just and transparent manner and that Section 47 Land Code Procedure ought to be reviewed or even abolished.
(12) To recognise all forests on NCR lands as Native Forests.
(13) To restore NCR lands in Batang Ai and Bakun (HEP) and future HEPs that are not inundated and that they to be given back to the former NCR owners.
(14) To ensure that all developments affecting NCR lands shall be based on free, prior and informed consented.
BN has been ruling Sarawak for nearly 50 years and throughout that 50 years period they had robbed Iban/natives of their NCR lands in the name of politic of Development.
Whereas PR through Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) had 14 points resolution regarding Land which will protect the NCR lands.
As a conclusion, Iban/Dayak should not risk their NCR lands by Voting for BN. They SHOULD CHOOSE PAKATAN RAKYAT, AS THE LATER HAD PROMISED BETTER CODE FOR NCR LANDS IF GIVEN THE MANDATE TO RULE SARAWAK.
AGI IDUP AGI NGELABAN