If we look deeper at Haji Abdul Hadi Cawat (loin cloth) remark, I tend to agree with him eventhough he was heavily criticised by some BN politicians, BN Supporters dayak community leaders and the BN supporter dayak scholars just merely because of one reason-we the dayak are being lead by a group of stupid dayak leaders, of course the one in BN I mean. Today posting, I am going to list down some of the dumbness things ever said by selected dayak leaders and their mentor Pehin Seri Abdul Taib bin Mahmud (Tok Uban). Being the mentor for stupid Iban leaders, I am going to honor Tok Uban as top of the lists, follows by Tan Sri Alfred Jabu (Jabu), Datuk Seri James Jemut Masing(Jemut) and YB Snowdan Lawan (Snowdan). I will continue with another two stupid leader, YB "Tuan" (wonder from where did he get the "tuan" title ) William Nyalau Badak (Nyalau) and YB Dr Rayong(Rayong) in my next posting.
I am honor them in this posting today not because of the contribution that they have made to their people, as most of their motives are to collect as much wealth for themselves, but because of their stupid remarks!
(1) When the most corrupted CM in Malaysia talk about corruption. Below were the excerpts of his speech read by Abang Johari Haji Open during bclosing of the 2009 Sarawak Anti-Corruption Carnival at Padang Merdeka on 12 July 2009. In his speech he said :-
“Past experiences had shown that these noble values (integrity and efficiency) had made the country do well in its economy, nevertheless, the war against corruption do not rest on the shoulders of the government and the authorities alone. It should be the concern of all. The state and the country could only wipe out corruption if everybody said ‘no’ to corruption and realised that the activity would only pull the country and its people down. Emphasis should be given to having a government whose administration and service delivery was effective and efficient with high integrity and disciplined civil servants."
Jabu may be few Ibans graduated from the university in oversea late in the 60's. But he will be remembered as a traitor to his own community. He was responsible/involved in instrumenting the policy that marginalized the Iban/dayak. Listed below is some of his dumbness/stupidity . (1) During one of DUN sitting, he told the ADUN that Ibans in Lubok Antu, Sri Aman and Betong had expressed great concern over a sudden death of someone when Pakatan Rakyat de-facto leader Dato Sri Anwar Ibrahim visited the area on May 24. And he further added :-
"The sudden death was because PKR did not observe the adat (customs) of “meresi ulah Anwar Ibrahim” before freely bringing him there and this was regarded as adat ‘Tungkal’ to the community. The Iban customs referred to is one that requires someone like an ex-convict should be ‘cleansed’ before he could enter the longhouse or he would bring misfortune".
(2) Lim Guan Eng suggested that to set up a Dayak Endowment Board (DEB) to help the poor and marginalized Dayaks who earn less than RM200. In responding to Lim, Jabu said :-
“When people are bankrupt of ideas, they tend to say things that are unrealistic. Cannot compare Sarawak with Penang"
(3) In-Denial Of Penan Rapes Reports.
(a) First Denial, 24th September 2008. Jabu said unless the organisation was able to give specific details of their allegations, it would be a waste of time to investigate. “Show proof. Tell us where and which Penan settlement. I have not heard of such complaints from the Penan communal leaders in my many visits to ulu Baram,”! (b) Second Denial, 25th September 2008. He said that the foreign organisation making the claim was fond of sensationalising events to create stories to earn a living. “I’ve just came back from the Penan areas, meeting their leaders and people but no such thing was reported to me. But if the allegations were true then the non-governmental organisation (NGO) concerned should be specific. State the logging area and who are involved. Otherwise we are just wasting our time with such an NGO preying upon any situation just to create sensationalisation without respect to the facts...respect to the truth,” !
(1) In controrary to what he said when he was in the opposition with PBDS, during one of the campaign in P202 he urged the listeners who were mostly came from the longhouses, to vote for BN as only BN could develope Sarawak! ...The Traitor! (2) When responded to Haji Hadi "Cawat" remarks, he said :-
“Calling Dayak voters uncivilised is uncalled for. It shows just how ignorant PAS is of the situation in Batang Ai. PAS is ignorant about the fact that the people there are well-educated and civilised. “It is also a very degrading statement from a person like Hadi to make. He should go to the longhouses and see the situation for himself. It is this sort of comment that is causing racial tension in Malaysia. This is totally uncalled for,”
YB N25-Dumb as Shit!
(1) On 17 Sep 2009, in a Breaking of Fast with a group of muslims in Balai Ringin, Snowdan Lawan said peninsula-based opposition parties continue to look down on Sarawakians despite wanting to take over the state and should therefore be rejected at the polls (Bukit Tunggal Comment- Not to sure whether his remark also targeted UMNO). He said :-
"This is the best time for us to unite and realise the truth. We must reject the opposition to show them that we (Sarawakians) are smarter than what they think,”
NCR Land Robbery ......Because we are lead by Stupid Leaders!
All The Dayak Assemblymen (ADUN) that supported Tok Uban Motions on the word "Dayak" and on NCL
(1) That supported Tok Uban motion to cancel the word DAYAK from the State Constitution. Despite many Dayak ADUN present in the DUN meeting none of them stood up to oppose this move. Some even wen much further to say that it was better without being called “DAYAK” but instead by the ethnics group like Iban, Bidayuh, Lun Bawang, Kenyah, Kayan -Berawan etc. What is the implication of such decision for the Dayak. Because of their stupidity, legally we, the dayak have no right to celebrate Gawai Dayak festival.
See How Easy Taib Mahmud and his group of robbers (to include the Iban ADUN) to rob the natives of their NCR lands. Just include the word "development" in the reason, the lands will be no longer theirs. Just imagine the lands that they enherited from their forefathers for generations...robbed by these robbers!
(2) That supported Tok Uban motion proposal on a change to the land code in 1994, 1996, 1998 and 2000. In 1994, the amendments were to empower the minister in charge of land matters to extinguish native customary rights to land, In 1996, the onus was placed on a native claimant to prove that he has customary rights to any land against a presumption that the land belongs to the State, In 1998, to pave the way for relinquishment or compulsory acquisition of land, the mechanisms for assessment and payment of compensation, and in 2000 defined the ‘native rights’ which was curiously missing in earlier legislation. The changes created the possibility of wiping away the “rights” of the Dayak to their land. What happened then - the Chief Minister influence the state Assemblymen (ADUN) plus the Dayak ADUN to vote in favour of the proposal. This is the beginning of Dayak NCL problem that still affecting the dayaks until now, unless the BN government in Sarawak is changed.Being an Iban myself, I would like to urge my fellows Iban brothers and sisters to get rid of all the dumb like shit Iban leaders from leading us. In my previous posting , I've touched on the same topic but today I would like to re-enforced it again so that we will not be lead by the same dumber and stupid leaders in the future. So VOTE THEM OUT!
"Agi Idup Agi Ngelaban"